WAREMA External Venetian Blinds
Exterior sun shading of windows using Warema External Venetian Blinds enormously reduces the amount of solar radiation entering through glass, in some cases by up to 90% thereby maintaining a relaxing, comfortable interior environment. Preventing direct radiation, yet admitting reflected light, external venetians create light-filled working or living spaces reducing the need for artificial lighting throughout the day. An external view and connection to the exterior is maintained on demand through tilted venetian slats whilst privacy is preserved. When light levels drop external venetian blinds can automatically retract fully out of sight. This feature also provides easy access to the glass for cleaning.
The shallow curve of the blade surface perfectly complements the fine lines of modern architecture. Guiding the slats is achieved using slimline extruded aluminium rails or coated stainless steel cables.
Warema blinds feature the most extensive range of custom components available to adapt blinds to any building application.
The many proven benefits of using external venetian blinds for sun shading along with their engineered components for high reliability will more than offset any initial capital investment.
Key Features & Benefits
- High radiation reflection, low radiation absorption and low radiation transmission values means less heat entering inside.
- Fully retractable venetian blinds allows maximum light in low light conditions and easy access to the glazing for cleaning.
- Easily coupled to Warema control systems to adjust for temperature, wind, rain, humidity and a host of other functions.
- Infinitely adjustable to cater for all sun conditions.
- Aluminium and stainless steel components for long service life.
- Marine grade textile elements requiring minimum maintenance.
- Good wind stability and retractable for protection in stormy conditions.
- Intelligent control when used with a WAREMA control system.
- Broad range of slat styles and widths for different situations.
- Daylight without heat gain.
- Able to be integrated into concealed building facade recesses for a low visual impact when retracted.
- Low embodied energy in manufacture.
- Driven either by a crank handle or integrated 24v motor.
- For simple applications, motorised blinds can be operated by a up-down wall switch or programmable remote control.
- Motorised blinds can also be operated by Warema basic centralised control systems or highly sophisticated control systems for major projects. Warema control systems allow automated functionality from simple up/down on a timer, to automated responses in environmental changes e.g. sun-tracking, wind threshold/direction, temperature, rain and many others. For an overview of the available functions see our Control Systems Overview.
- For large commercial we also have highly sophisticated and programmable LONworks and KNX-EIB systems. For more information contact us.
Blade Profiles & Information
Rolled edge profile is the most popular style due to its concave-convex blade with the advantage of a rolled over edge for extra wind stability. The blade rotates through 160 degrees.
- Suitable for most applications.
- 60 or 80mm wide blades.
- Extensive color selection available.
- Special colors can be manufactured for large projects.
- Highly wind-stable (12-15 m/s).
- Daylight guidance feature available.
- Ladder locked slats.
- Extensive customisable features.
- Wide span between support cables.
- Guide rails or guide cables.
- Residential and commercial sun shading of vertical glass.
- Office environments.
- Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) buildings for Green Star compliance.
- “Off the glass” applications (with reduced wind threshold settings).
- Self-supporting version available.